Kosovo Accreditation Agency - KAA
KAA was established by the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MEST) in accordance with the Law on Higher Education - LHE (2003/14) in Kosovo, as the Agency that guarantees the quality of educational and scientific research work in Higher Education Institutions in Kosovo.
The Kosovo Accreditation Agency is a public agency for the evaluation of quality at public and private institutions of higher education. Through the accreditation process, it supports the development of quality in these institutions.
The Kosovo Accreditation Agency has a legal basis for the accreditation of all higher education institutions that offer or propose to offer higher education programmes that lead to the award of academic degrees.
KAA's Aims are:
- To open the sector of higher education for providers from Kosovo and abroad
- To provide quality assurance for all institutions of higher education
- To promote, improve and develop the quality of the higher education sector
- To create transparency and comparability in the interest of providers, students and the labour market
- To encourage innovative forms and content in higher education
- To ensure the comparability of degrees from Kosovo higher education institutions with those awarded by international programmes
- To implement the objectives for the integration of Kosovo into the European Higher Education Area and to contribute to its development
KAA’s primary responsibilities are:
- The accreditation of public and private institutions of higher education
- The accreditation of new institutions of higher education and their programmes
- The accreditation of new programmes at those institutions of higher education that already are accredited
- The continuing assurance of quality at accredited institutions and their programmes